Tuesday, December 6, 2016

IN THE NORTH

We've been back in Idaho since early October and have been living in a short-term rental apartment until we can get into a house...which will happen in about a week or so.  It's good to be back here after 8-1/2 years.  We've quickly gotten reacquainted with the Boise area and people we know, particularly at our old church.  We're also currently getting reacquainted with snow!

The house we're buying has three bedrooms and two baths, but no room for a layout, which is fine since I hadn't planned on having one, anyway.  I will have room to display static models and small dioramas and am looking forward to that.  Since I have always enjoyed scenery and structure construction the most, this will suit my needs just fine.  It will be a while before I have photos, but they will eventually appear.

After unpacking and building storage shelves and a workbench in the garage (which has a shop-sized area in addition to room for two cars), my first display project will be my 1930s Orient Express coach, which I've been sporadically working on for several years.

No comments:

Post a Comment